Are you a wholesaler? Thinking about it? Already at expert level on our eCommerce B2B platform? Whatever your stage of wholesale-ery (the technical term), we have plenty of information on the subject. Read on for the best that TradeGecko has to offer about one of our favorite sales channels: B2B eCommerce.
Let’s start with the basics. If you’re still trying to decide if you should expand to wholesale with your retail business, read:
In it, you’ll find some essential questions about your retail operations to see if they translate well to wholesale. We think you’re probably ready to make the move, but don’t just take our word for it. Use questions like these from the article to help you decide for yourself:
- What’s your target market and where do you see your products?
- Are you ready for tradeshows, cold calling and pitching business ideas again and again?
- How will your current logistics and warehousing practices adapt?
While we’re on the subject, how about an overview of the wholesale market, and why more is changing than just fax machines and paper sales orders.
Why is there a 2.0? Times are a changing, and wholesale methods are going with it. What exactly is the disruption of the conventional supply chain?
- It’s not just about the sale anymore, it’s about offering an efficient, quick experience for customers.
- Distributors are starting to prefer the online experience to traditional methods.
- Selling multi-channel, through retail and wholesale is becoming easier and easier.
Maybe you’ve heard a lot of scary myths about wholesaling, we bust them in this article:
This article discusses:
- Why you can wholesale and retail at the same time
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid of added wholesale costs
- How you can tackle the problem of finding retailers
Now, you’re firmly in wholesaling territory, what about making the sale? Check out the article:
In it, we focus on:
- How to give outstanding customer service
- Ways to make ordering, billing and shipping as seamless as possible.
- The best ways to attract new retailers to your business
Need help making sure people find your site in the first place? Optimize it for SEO with these tips:
- Optimize product images and write beautiful copy for product descriptions
- Add social media buttons to your pages
- Track and analyze your data with Google Analytics
Customer relationships make the wholesale world go round. We know, which is why we present:
This article is packed with tips for all wholesale relationships. Things like:
- Why it’s ok to be a know-it-all when you’re talking to potential B2B customers
- How B2B relationships are all about the long game
- Why you can’t use the same strategy for retail as for wholesale
Then comes the accounting advice for wholesale. Guest bloggers Heather Smith and Nicole McIver bring you expert advice on accounting to maximum profit.
- Why wholesale brands should never stop looking for new opportunities.
- Pricing strategies to make the most of wholesale selling.
- Managing different currencies to ensure a profit at the end of the day.
Or maybe a webinar is more your style. In which case, check out:
Watch it in its entiretly or download the slides for easy reference as TradeGecko’s wholesale experts discuss:
- Insights into the tools you can use to make your B2B efforts pay off
- Gaining a competitive advantage in an already-crowded marketplace
- Tips from our own software engineers on getting the most out of TradeGecko software
And finally, maybe you want to have a look at how one of our customers is doing wholesale right. Check out our case study on Festival Clothing, an apparel wholesaler.
They use TradeGecko to:
- Manage over 2000 SKUs and 3 international warehouses
- Keep track of accounting with a Xero integration
- Track stock levels and inventory movements in real-time
Armed with all this information, we think it’s time for you to start wholesaling and doing it online. Move over to our B2B eCommerce platform now and watch a new, exciting sales channel open up to you. Need more information? We've got much more B2B information coming. Also, let us know in the comments what else you want to know about the wholesale industry.