1. Consolidate sales orders and convert to a single purchase order
With backordering, all sales orders for an unavailable item are consolidated and converted to one purchase order per supplier. This can be done for as many items that are not in stock currently - providing you convenience when dealing with suppliers.
2. Have visibility of sales orders that match your purchase orders
You can now see items that are unfulfilled at one glance on both sales and purchase orders. Your sales order will be marked with the same purchase order to streamline fulfilment. Tags can be used to organise and match both sales and purchase orders to allow you to fulfill orders on time. These tags can include arrival dates, product types and seasons.
3. No more stockouts
Solve the problem of “demand outstripping supply” for your products by collecting orders in advance and knowing you can fulfil them within a delivery window. Backordering gives you confidence in knowing where your orders are at every point in time.
How to backorder on TradeGecko?
1. When creating Sales Orders, TradeGecko notifies you if an item is unavailable and requires backordering. You can select multiple items at one go with bulk backordering.
2. When placing a backorder for an item(s), Sales Orders are consolidated and converted into a purchase order(s) per supplier.
3. When your orders arrive, you can cross-reference your Purchase Orders with your Sales Orders to identify orders to be fulfilled.