Shopify, Meekco.Asia and TradeGecko teamed up to host the first ever official Shopify Meetup in KL, Malaysia on Thursday, 28th Sept 2017. There was a huge crowd of over 100 entrepreneurs who filled the beautiful Common Ground coworking space in Damansara.
As most businesses were curious about how to increase sales, Kah Hing owner of Meekco.Asia, spoke about how to drive traffic to your ecommerce store rather than just improving conversion rates.
Akul Dewan, Partner Manager from TradeGecko, spoke about how to bring your offline business online and having solid operations can be your competitive advantage.
Our special guest presenter, EeVon Khong, eCommerce Manager at ALL IT Hypermarket, discussed how they transitioned their SME business from selling 100% offline across 11 retail stores, to starting an online store thanks to Shopify. They discussed what worked for them was having a strong digital transformation (offline to online) strategy, with in-store promotions asking customers to make their next purchase online, and driving online only promotions. Other success factors included:
- Online promotions, online exclusive inventory, free shipping offers.
- Online works for customers that don't want to deal with traffic / make the trip to the store.
- Offline works for customers that want to buy bulky items and not pay an expensive shipping fee.
There was a lively Q&A panel session to conclude the event which covered:
- How to create content, not just advertisements to drive traffic?
- Whether doing things yourself (for example creating content, taking photos, website design) vs hiring outside help was the best strategy for SME startups?
- Are Malaysian services (e.g. Lazada, shipping, etc) supported integrations for Shopify?
We hope to see you at our next Shopify Meetup in KL, Malaysia!
Are you looking for an effortless inventory management solution?
Seamlessly integrate your Shopify store by signing up for a free trial of TradeGecko today!